Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kai Kiribas na luvequ! (my son is from Kiribas!)

Ni sa Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!

Well this has been another pretty crazy week here in Fiji. On Tuesday all of us
that are training had to go into Suva to pick up our trainees and to have a
training thing for all of us about the training program. I am training Elder
Tamuera from Kiribas!! He is the 2nd best boxer in all of the Pacific at his
weight. He went to the Pacific games in New Caledonia this last year and got
2nd place. He has told me about all of these crazy fights and stuff that he has
been in back in Kiribas haha His English is not too great so that has made
things a little rough. It is kind of hard to have that language barrier because
he doesn’t know Fijian good yet and his English isn’t the greatest but it’s all
good ha it has definitely been a good experience so far. It is definitely
teaching me a lot about patience, which is probably the reason the Lord put us
together because I know that hasn't always been one of my strong points haha
Well this week was a little rough. There was a ton of people that we were
trying to see but they weren’t home. So we were always just driving around to
all of these different villages trying to get lessons in. It was a little
frustrating but we ended up having not too bad of a week so it’s all good.
Since Elder Seila is gone and now I am the only one in the companionship that
can really speak Fijian it has been fun to become a lot closer with a lot of
the members. I don’t know how many times this week I had people tell me how
good my Fijian is, and I know that it is the Lord strengthening me to fulfill
this calling to train. It is so fun to be at a point now where I can joke
around and tell stories and just have fun with the people all in Fijian. It
makes things way fun. I am loving it here in Korovou. There are so many awesome
people here that I already love. If you guys come to pick me up we are
definitely going to go there for sure haha.
This week on one of the nights we were eating dinner at Bro. Tabua's house and
we had finished eating and we were just sitting down and talking and then he
said something about how the other boys that had just got home had brought some
duna (eel) and they were going to cook it up and eat it. I told him that I
wanted to try it and so that is what that picture is from haha that is the eel.
I didn’t eat it like that though don’t worry haha they cooked it up and then
brought it back out and it was actually way good! I am so excited that when I
get home I won’t be such a picky eater anymore. I will eat pretty much anything
and like pretty much everything that I have tried here. People here also eat
bat and I am trying to get it so that I can try it sometime because I really
want to try it ha I heard that it is really good.
Well this next week should be a really good week. We have 4 baptisms lined up
for this next Sunday so that will be awesome. We are really going to have to
start finding a lot of new investigators now to replace these ones that we are
baptizing. Some of the people that are supposed to be getting baptized are this
couple from out in Waimalua. They have been taking the missionary discussions
for like 3 years and are finally going to be getting baptized. They both have
such strong testimonies. We also found out this last week that Waimalua is
probably going to become a branch so that will be awesome!! We still have a lot
of other investigators out there and I called a member from out there this week
to see which of our investigators went to church and they said these two new
people just came to church and they want to start taking the lessons so that
will be awesome! I love going out there. It is the place that we have to park
and hike for like 40 minutes through the jungle haha So it will be way sweet if
it becomes a branch because that means they will probably build some kind of
little building out there for them to have church in. Right now we just have it
in one of the member’s houses and now that there are so many people coming it
is getting really crowded. I will try to take a picture of the house that we
have just at out there. You guys will think it is so cool. It is just like
right on the edge of like a little cliff thing out in the middle of the jungle.
It is awesome.
This weekend we are staying with Elder Stock and his Trainee Elder Ledoux. His
kid is HUGE. He is like 6'5 and 250 lbs. He is a cool kid so we have been
having a lot of fun. It is so fun to get to be with Stock all the time. It is
so cool how just going through these same experiences and serving the Lord
together brings people close. There are so many awesome kids here in this
mission that I probably would have never even given a chance to when I was home
but I am way tight with them here. Serving a mission is so fun. It is crazy how
you feel like you are doing such a great thing to re-pay the Lord for all the
blessings he has given by serving a mission but then you just keep getting even
more blessings and realize there is nothing we can do in this life to repay him
for how blessed we are but we still should try our best to do it.
I really do love getting everyone’s letters. Well alright, keep being awesome!
Au lomani kemudou!

Loloma, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment