Sunday, October 16, 2011

Subject: Tauvimate! (sick)



Bula Vinaka!

Man it’s hard to believe it is P-day again already. The time goes by so fast here its crazy. I have been pretty sick this whole week. I have like a sinus infection and sore throat and stuff. It has been pretty bad all week but I think I am starting to get over it today. Elder Ikafanga was sick too but we didn’t really waste any time on it. We actually had one of the best weeks teaching wise since I have been here. I hope that I don’t get sick too often though because it makes it a lot harder to concentrate and things haha

Well that family you asked about where the man has to get married should be getting baptized this weekend if he can get the marriage stuff figured out so that will be awesome!! I am so excited for him. It has been awesome to see how much he has progressed since we started teaching him. I hope that he will pick me to baptize him haha We also started teaching this one really big Indian family this week that is like 4 adult women and 10 kids that are all under 15 haha One of the days when we were teaching them I was sitting there and they were all there sitting in front of me and I was teaching about the book of mormon and they were all just looking at me and listening to everything I said. It kind of hit me that I am really on my mission sharing the gospel with these people and I love it so much! Teaching is my favorite part about it. It is so fun because it is challenging. One of the main things that I talked about with that Indian family was about families and about how we can live together forever because the dad of a lot of the kids died a couple years ago and he was actually a member. I shared a little bit about Jace and about how I am so thankful to have a knowledge of this gospel to know that we can all live together again someday. I know that I will have so many opportunities to share that story and help other peoples lives because of it. I think that is really one of the things that kept them interested in wanting to continue with the lessons.

We also have been teaching a 13 year old girl that is the cousin of one of the ladies from our ward. Last night we were teaching her about the Book of Mormon and after the lesson she asked us when she could get baptized haha It is such a cool feeling to see how these people can gain testimonies so quickly about the church even when they don’t know much about it. I know it is because of the Spirit that they feel.

So right now I am in the middle of Suva town because we came with some other Elders that had to get their truck serviced. It is hard for me to go through all of the shops here because there are sooo many sweet things that I want to buy and send home to you guys haha I really hope that you guys can come pick me up and see it here. You guys would love it.

Being a missionary is so fun. We get to meet so many cool people and just talk to them about everything. We have dinner at member’s houses every single night this month haha I love eating dinner there and just talking and having fun with them. Next week is our turn to talk in sacrament meeting again and I am going to talk about how we need the wards help and how much more success we can have if we all work together in missionary work. I am excited for it. Hopefully it will get them excited to share the gospel and get us some referrals! haha

Well sounds like everything is going great back at home! Tell everybody thank you for all of the support! I will try to send the pictures again today so hopefully they will work this time! AU LOMANI KEMUDOU!!

Lomana, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment