Sunday, October 9, 2011

One month in Fiji

Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!!

I have been in Fiji for a month already and on my mission for 3 months already! It is insane how fast the time goes by, especially when we are working hard and teaching lots of lessons. It sounds like everything is going great at home. You guys are the best family that I could ask for. We are so blessed to have each other. Before we know it will be Christmas and I will be skyping you guys!! that will be awesome!

So this week has been really good. We had zone conference this week and we combined with the Suva zone so there was quite a few of us there. We met at one of the bigger chapels in Suva so that we could all fit. It was really good. There are a lot of great missionaries in this mission. President Klingler and his wife are so awesome. When they speak to us you can really tell how much they care about us and how much they love this gospel. I really want to come back and be the mission president here some day. haha

It has been raining a TON this week! so I have gotten pretty wet some of the days haha The other night me and Elder Ikafanga were at a members house for dinner and it started pouring rain outside. We weren’t that far from our flat so we decided to just walk instead of take a taxi and the umbrella that i had broke and it had no pole and so I just had to hold onto the frame and try to spread it out over me all the way home haha While we were walking home there is a back alley way that we take as a short cut and it is down a hill so there is like a little sidewalk going down and then some stairs and the water was running down the stairs like a waterfall because it was all coming through that alley way! I wanted to take a picture of it but I didn’t want to ruin my camera. It was awesome though haha

So earlier this week we were teaching a man named David that we started teaching right after I came into this area. His family are members and have been for a couple years. The mom Christina and him were both married before and both of their spouses died so they have just kind of been living together for a couple of years now so none of the kids are actually his. He has been such an awesome investigator though. When we first started teaching him he was really timid about everything and was not very confident but now he is the man!! haha Last night when we went there Christina was telling us how that morning he was the one that woke them up and started reading the scriptures and prayed before they all went to conference. He has grown soo much just in the short time we have been teaching him. The other day Christina was telling me how happy she is that I came into this area because missionaries have been going there for a long time but he has never really taken the lessons and she said there is something about me that she knows that I am the one that was sent here to share the gospel with him. It made me feel so good and really was another testimony to me that I am in this area for a reason and the Lord knows exactly where He wants us. I know that if I keep doing my part I will have more experiences like that. He is supposed to get baptized on the 23rd but him and Christina have to get married first and it is hard sometimes because they have to buy the marriage license and people here don’t always just have money to do that so it is hard but he has so much faith and he really wants to get baptized so he has been working hard to get it.

We got to watch conference the last two days at the chapel and it was awesome. We actually had like 6 investigators come, to at least parts of it so that was awesome. They talked so much about missionaries and about how not just us that are on full time missions are missionaries but how we all need to be more bold about the gospel. I know that you guys have been doing great with that so keep it up! you guys have been great examples to the people around you of what we believe and that is so important. It really made me want to be even more bold about sharing this gospel with everyone because it really can help everyone. Listening to the Prophet and Apostles speak always strengthens my testimony of this gospel so much because they speak with so much power that there is no way you can deny the things that they say. We are so lucky to have such great men leading this church.

Hopefully I will get that package this week!! That would be awesome. If you guys put candy in it I might not get all of it because they open it at customs so when it gets to the mission office it is opened so when Elders go there they like to go through to find some good free candy haha so hopefully I get lucky and no one will take anything from it haha

Well everything is still going great. The work here is really starting to progress. I am loving being a missionary especially here in Fiji. Everyone here is so awesome. They all really respect us and what we stand for. I will try to get a CD made of all of my pictures and things so I can send it to you soon! AU LOMANI KEMUDOU!!

Lomana, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment