Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 7

Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!!! (Hello my famiy)

Wow! I cannot believe I have been here for 7 weeks already! The time has been flying by! I am definitely ready to get to Fiji though and start doing the real work. 2 and a half more weeks!! I am way excited to get to call you guys and talk to you! It will be sweet for you guys to be able to hear me speak some Fijian! Me and Elder Stock have been trying to speak pretty much only in Fijian today if we are talking to each other since it is our P-day. It is pretty cool how much we can actually say already when we have only been here for 7 weeks!
So the Tongan district just left which was pretty awesome. I am so excited for them. I got close to a lot of them so it was kind of hard to see them leave but I am so excited for them to get to out in the field and start working. A couple of us did the Hakka for them when they were leaving. Me and one other white kid were the only ones that knew it haha I have it on video so maybe once I get to Fiji I can send it to you. Tanner Peterson left this week too and so did Devin. I hung out with Peterson a lot but I didnt get to see Devin much.
Lupe sent me a wiffle ball bat and a bunch of other stuff this week and everyone who saw it thought it was the coolest thing ever haha pretty funny what a couple weeks in the MTC will do to you haha It was awesome though. I am excited to take it to Fiji and teach the kids how to play! I am sure I won’t have it for too long because I will give it away to some kids. haha
I got the pictures that Danielle and you guys sent from the wedding! Everything looked awesome!! I am glad that it all went so well. Seeing those pictures of Casey made me miss him!!
We might be getting our travel plans this week so in my next e mail I might be able to tell you the details of when we are leaving and stuff and when I will be able to call you! We also get to host tomorrow so we get to help all the new missionaries that are coming in by taking them to their rooms and their classrooms and stuff. We are pretty excited for it haha
Well everything is still going great here at the good ol’ MTC. I am getting a little antsy to get out of here and get to Fiji but I try not to think about it too much or it will just make the time go slow haha I am so excited to go out and share this great gospel that has brought all of us so much happiness with the people of Fiji. I know that there is nothing else in this life that can bring us as much happiness as this gospel can and especially the happiness that we can receive from sharing it with others. AU LOMANI KEMUDOU!!!
CAKAVA CAKACAKA NA LUVEQU!! (remember C makes a "TH" sound and Q makes a hard "NG" sound haha)

Lomana, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment