Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 5

Bula Vinaka everyone

I cant believe that I have been here for 5 weeks already!! its going by way fast. I am so happy that it is though because I really want to get to Fiji ASAP haha A bunch of our neighbors in our building left for Italy today and it just got me even more excited to get to Fiji.
So this week was our first fast Sunday here and it was so awesome. Testimony meeting for our branch was amazing! It really just gave me a good boost to finish out the MTC strong. It is awesome how many great missionaries there are here. I kept wanting to get up to bear my testimony but there were so many people sitting up waiting to do it that our Branch pres. got up and told them they could all only talk for one minute haha It was all really awesome though.
Last Tuesday Gerald M. Lund the guy that wrote the work and the glory spoke at our devotional. He talked all about faith and how faith should always lead to action and how if we do that we will always receive a confirmation that it was right. It really made me want to trust in the Lord more and have stronger faith. On Sunday we had mission conference so all the MTC presidency spoke to us for 2 hours. It was really good. One of them talked about the parable of the talents and he talked about how it doesnt matter how many talents you have, what does matter is if you double them or not while you are on your mission. It really just made me think about how blessed I have been in my life and how I really need to work hard to double those talents that I have been given.
I cant believe Danielle is getting married tomorrow!! I know that it will be awesome! I really wish that I could be there but I know that I am in the right place and there is nowhere else that I would rather be right now than here on my mission.
So today I got some of the white iron on patch stuff that was in my sewing kit and I drew the fijian flag and put "Elder Hawk, Fiji Suva, 11'-13'" on it and it looked sooo sweet!!! I was pretty proud of myself haha I am going to put it on the gray MTC sheet Sulu that Elder Inu gave me before they left for Fiji a couple weeks ago. I might pass it down to one of the new Fijian Elders if they get here before we leave. I have some more pictures to send so I will send those this week. I also sent Rand and Parker a letter today that has some awesome stories and quotes that we have gotten from other missionaries here, so it should probabaly be there when you get back to AZ.
Well tell everyone at the wedding Hi for me! I love you guys so much!!

Lomana, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment