Sunday, February 26, 2012

E dua na mate mai na koro (a death in the village)

Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!

Well this week was pretty crazy. On Tuesday we were driving in Kuku at night
and I didnt even see it when I was turning but there was a huge drain ditch
thing that was probably like seven feet deep and I pretty much drove straight
into it. We pretty much hit in the absolute only way that the truck didnt fall
all the way in and that would have totally jacked the truck up and probably us
too. We were climbing out of the truck and it was tipping and almost fell in.
It was insane. But these people brought their tractor over and pulled it out
and there was no damage at all to the truck. It is insane how lucky we were.
And then that night when we got back to our area we were teaching a lesson in
the village that is close to our flat and there is a guy that we took to the
hospital last week and Bro. Tabua came to us and told us that he had just died
like an hour before and that they called the police and they didnt have any
trucks close by so they asked if we could take his body down to the hospital
place. So we drove the guys body in the back of our truck to the hospital. It
was pretty crazy.
Other than those 2 crazy experiences we had a really good week haha We were
doing our weekly planning on Friday and I was just looking at all the
investigators we have right now and how hard we have been working and I started
thinking about a quote that I wrote in the front of my PMG that says "Dont
just go on a mission, BE a missionary" and I really felt like we are doing
"real" missionary work. We are working really hard and we are being
blessed for it. There are these 2 older guys that we are teaching. One is
Tomasi and the other is Simi and both of them told us this week that they
remember that earlier in their lives that someone had given them a Book Of
Mormon. It is crazy how the Lord really does prepare these people to receive
his gospel.
So every Wednesday we go out to this place called Waimalua. We have a lot of
work out there right now and we even got like 6 more new investigators out
there this week. But it is crazy because to get out to where a lot of our
investigators are we pretty much hike through the jungle for like 30 minutes.
haha It is so beautiful out there. I will try to take some pictures when we go
out there this weekend. This week I think me and Elder Stock are going to get
to go on exchanges with each other! I am way excited haha it should be way fun.
Well yesterday I was probably the sickest that I have been in a long time. My
whole body was super sore and I had a terrible headache and I had a super bad
fever. Bro. Tabua gave me some stupid massage thing on my legs and hands and it
was probably one of the most painful things I have ever been through haha I
literally was like crying it hurt so bad. So we went back to the flat so I
could lay down for a bit and then I was feeling a little better so I said lets
go teach some more lessons. So we went to teach another lesson and I was in so
much pain and felt like such crap that I didnt even say anything the whole
lesson and Elder Seila just told me to lie down, so he was teaching the lesson
to the lady and I was just laying down on the side. It freaking sucked haha but
I feel a little better today so thats good. I HATE being sick. Especially here
on the mission because I dont want to miss appointments and stuff.
Well it sounds like everything is going good with you guys! O yeah the picture
is a big piece of bamboo we cut because I am in the process of making a bench
for weightlifting out of bamboo at our flat haha
It should be pretty sweet. I will take some pictures of it when it is finished.
Being that sick and stuff really made me miss you guys. It was really the first
time I have felt homesick my whole mission haha We have the best family ever.
Au lomani kemudou!!

Loloma, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment