Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wananavu sara ga na macawa ogo!

Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!

When they say that the Fiji Suva mission is the greatest mission on Earth it is true haha I am having soo much fun it is ridiculous! One of the main reasons it is so fun is because we have been working hard and now we are getting the rewards by all the people that we have been baptizing.

Sala got baptized this week. We wanted to baptize all the kids too but the dad (the Methodist guy) said that they aren’t old enough yet and that they all have to wait until they are 21 and can make the decision for themselves. He is the man though. So this week after Sala's baptism the older boy Net who is 17 and has been coming to church and stuff with us for a while talked to his dad and his dad is going to let him get baptized this week coming up! Sala said that she was praying that he would soften his heart and she is already receiving the answer to her prayer. When he came and told us that we could baptize Net he said one by one. So we are hoping that the other kids will be able to get baptized soon as well.

So this Saturday coming up we have 4 baptisms. Net, the 2 older Fijian couple, and Parry the Rabian girl that is living at David's house (the guy that we baptized a couple weeks ago). So all together that will be 7 baptisms just in the last month! There had only been 5 baptisms in this area the whole rest of the year before now. It is amazing how much the Lord has blessed us for the hard work we have done. I think it is really motivating me to keep working hard so that I can continue to have this kind of success throughout the rest of my mission because it is so much fun.

This week it was our turn to speak in church again. I am amazed how comfortable I feel talking in front of people. I have never really had a problem with it but now it is just so easy. I gave my talk on the Book of Mormon and how important it is to us. I talked about how I gained my testimony of the Book of Mormon when I was on Trek and read the testimonies in the front. I could really feel the spirit when I was sharing that story testifying to me again that it is true. I hope that everyone was feeling the spirit as strong as I was.

I am really starting to become really good friends with a lot of the members here. I love going to their houses and playing cards and stuff with the kids. I have been giving out the CTR rings so I will send the pictures. We have a lot of fun with everyone here. I know that I am growing spiritually a lot but don’t worry I am still the same good ol Tanner that likes to have fun haha

Well today we get to go to Bau island with our zone for P-day! I am so pumped haha it is just a little island that is like a mile or so off the coast. When it is low tide you can actually walk all the way out to it but I think we are all just going to take the boat. We are going to go out there and play sports on the beach!! How lucky am I to be serving in Fiji!!?? haha

Alright well au lomani kemudou valevu!! You guys are the best. Thank you so much for all the support you give me.

Loloma, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment