Sunday, November 13, 2011

Papitaiso tale ga!‏

Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!!

Wow! This week was probably one of the best weeks I have had so far! It was a lot of fun. That is awesome that Parker got that award! That really shows how hard he worked and that the coaches recognized it. I did get the ctr rings from the package and I have been giving them to some of the kids. They love them! I have a picture actually of some kids that I gave them to the other day so I will send that to you guys. This week on Friday I got to drive the ZL's truck around in Suva with them because I am getting my Fijian drivers license tomorrow haha I am excited to get it just so that I can have the card haha

Alright well the dog bite that I had, got REALLY infected this week. It was pretty nasty and didnt feel too great haha I had to go into Suva to the doctor and she gave me some antibiotics for it so it is a lot better now. I will send a picture of that too.

Well the highlight of the week was for sure the baptism on Saturday. Evangeline is so awesome. She is so young but she already has such a strong testimony. After she got baptized she got up to bear her testimony and she started crying and she looked right at me and said I am so happy to be a member of this church. I got choked up a little too haha I just felt so lucky to have a small part in bringing the gospel to her and seeing the happiness that it has brought her. Her aunt Maya who helped us out a ton in teaching her is in our ward and served her mission here in Fiji back in the day. She also got up to bare her testimony at the baptism and she told a story about how that night she had a dream and in her dream Thomas S. Monson appeared to her and told her that he truly is a prophet of God on the earth today. When she was talking about that I could feel the spirit so strong testifying to me that we do have a true living prophet on the earth today and that it is Thomas S. Monson. It is so cool how other people sharing their testimonies can strengthen ours so much. That is why it is so important for us to share our testimonies.

This week one of our other investigators Peri, who is a girl that is living in the same house as David the man we baptized a couple weeks ago, she has had a couple different baptismal dates but she has been living with a boy there so they haven’t been able to happen yet. But this week we gave her a new baptismal date for the 26th of this month and she is so excited for it because her birthday is the next day. So her and the boy were planning to get married but then one day we went over there and she said "we are not getting married because I want to go on a mission" We were shocked but SO excited. And the boy Rapo has been a member for a long time and so he said now they both want to go on missions. It complicates things for the baptism a little bit but that will be so awesome for both of them to be able to go on missions. She hasn’t even been baptized yet and she already has that strong of a testimony and that much faith. She is the bomb! haha

Alright well hopefully that is enough to get you through the week haha This week we should have a couple more baptisms of Sala the mom of that Fijian family that I sent a picture of a while back with the Methodist dad, the dad isn’t getting baptized but Sala and hopefully a few of the kids will be. Then the week after that, we have Peri and 2 other baptisms of an older Fijian couple. I feel very blessed to have been given these investigators that the Lord has prepared to hear the gospel.

Today is Elder Hansen’s birthday and they are staying with us tonight so that should be fun haha we are gonna party and smack some juice and attempt to make a cake haha This week was such a fun week. Being a missionary in Fiji is the best! We are the only mission in the world that wears sulus and sandals. How lucky is that?! haha alright well I love you guys so much! Keep being the awesome people you are! AU LOMANI KEMUDOU!!

Loloma, Elder Hawk


































No comments:

Post a Comment