Monday, May 7, 2012

Vula tini! (10 months!)


Ni sa Bula Vinaka na noqu matavuvale!                                                                           

Man, the intake just before me hit their year mark this last week. That means I am next... insane. And I have always heard that once you hit your year mark the time just speeds up even more. I don’t want it to haha I am loving every minute of it. This morning we were staying with the Elders serving in Toga and the song "I heard him come" came on and it instantly just reminded me of when mom used to sing that to us when we were kids. Good times haha I am WAY excited to skype you guys next week.



Well we had a really good week this week. We got more lessons than we have been getting in the last couple weeks so that was good. We were hoping that we were going to get to open up that village this week but it doesn’t look like it will be happening. So since that is the case it might not be happening for a while… which REALLY stinks. I might get transferred before it even happens, which would be a big bummer. I am thinking I will probably get transferred towards the end of June but you never know. I really don’t want to be anywhere but the bush for the rest of my mission haha I LOVE it.

So this week we went out to Waimalua for two days instead of just the usual one, because we have a lot of investigators out there that are getting close to their baptism date.  We wanted to help them get more prepared. So on Thursday morning we went out there and did service pretty much all day and then taught some lessons just in our service clothes. haha We bought ourselves some gumboots for when we go out there now and it is SO much nicer ha I don’t know why I didn’t buy them a long time ago. For service we were pretty much just hacking down parts of the jungle with our machetes so that people could plant their stuff. And we also planted some kasava and some duruka and then we carried some dalo all the way back out. Carrying the dalo out was actually pretty hard. That stuff is heavy. Now I know why Fijians are all so ripped haha

This week we also went back to that one village called Dakuinuku which is right on the ocean and we taught that old guy named Bola. He is the MAN! When we teach him he is just like way into it and then at the end of the lesson I asked him if he knew anyone else in that village that might want to take the lessons from us and he was all excited and said that he will ask around. Way cool guy. After though we went over to the ocean and the tide was SUPER low so we walked all the way out to where the water line was (that is what that picture of me walking in the water is from) and Elder Tamuera was catching this crab and I took a way sweet video of it haha I will maybe send this card home too soon so you guys can see it.

This week we also set up for a carrier to go to some of the villages and pick up some of our investigators to go to church so that was way awesome. We had 8 investigators go to church this week and we have 10 baptismal dates right now which is way awesome. We should be having at least a few of those 10 on the 20th of this month. O YEAH! do you remember how me and Elder Seila were going to baptize that girl named Meliki, but then her mom like stopped it and wanted her to get baptized into that other church even though her mom is also a member of this church? Well bishop went and like visited them and they told him that it was sent from God that he came that day because the mom hadn’t been going to her other church for a few weeks and they were all fighting and stuff and so they said they want to come back to this church and Meliki is probably going to get baptized on the 20th!! Way exciting!

Alright well I am way pumped to talk to you guys next week! Hopefully we get to go into Suva to skype or else it will probably not be very good. They might be making us keep our calls super short this time too but I am not sure yet. I will definitely stay on it for as long as I can haha Au lomani kemudou!!

Loloma, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment