Friday, December 9, 2011

Noqu itokani sa lako e na siga moniti!


Ni sa bula vinaka tale mai na noqu matavuvale!
Well I don’t know if you remembered but today is our P-day because this next
week is all the Christmas party stuff so they moved our P-day to today. The Christmas
party stuff is going to be awesome! Monday we have zone conference, Tuesday we
pretty much get another P-day but with everyone at LDS Tech and we get to play
rugby and stuff and then that night is like the talent show thing, and then Wednesday
or Friday we get to go to the temple which will be awesome. This week was
really good too. Last Monday we went to Reggae Falls with all the boys from
Wainibuku. It was soooo fun and so beautiful up there. I will try to send lots
of pictures of it today.
Neivote, Sala's son also got baptized last night which was really good. It is
awesome that we met our goal of 7 baptisms before Elder Ika leaves on Monday.
He is going to Tacilevu with Elder Stock!! and Stocks Trainer, Elder McCombs is
coming here to be my comp, so me and Elder Stock are Brothers!! haha I am sad
that Ika is leaving. We had a ton of fun and worked hard and really turned this
area around. This area is on fire right now and it usually is one of the
slowest areas. We got a lot of new investigators this week so im sure Elder
McCombs will be happy to come here because the work up there is really slow
right now. It is out on Vanua Levu which is the other big island. Ika was an
awesome trainer. I know that we both learned a lot from each other. I will
probably be in this area for another month or 2 before I get transferred.
Usually you are in an area between 4-6 months.
This week we also went on exchanges twice. Elder Nawaqasema came to Naulu with
me and then the next day after that we went on exchanges with the ZL's and I
went to their area in Nausori with Elder Alleman. It was really fun. There are
a lot of really cool missionaries here. I ate sugar cane for the first time
while I was in the ZL's area. It is wayyy good haha they call it dovu in Fijian
and when you say you have to say gunu dovu which means drink it because if you
say kana dovu which means eat it, it is like a dirty slang term that I’m sure
you can figure out haha. When I was with Elder Alleman we went and taught these
2 ladies from Rotuma and it was a way good lesson. It is so cool how we are all
teaching the same message and so you can just go with someone that you have
never taught with and have an awesome lesson like that. I pretty much committed
them to baptism and I am not even in that area haha It was really cool.
Last night after the baptism it was our ward Christmas party. It was a ton of
fun. We had a lot of investigators that came so that was really good. We had a
huge lovo with pork and chicken and dalo and all kinds of other foods. I am
really going to miss this ward when I leave this area. There are so many
awesome people here. It was way cool to also see all of our recent converts
that we have baptized there and just being a normal part of the ward. This ward
has been really good about fellowshipping all of them. That is so important in
this work. Without the ward doing that most converts would probably fall away
after not very long.
Well I hope everything is going good with you guys. I feel so blessed to be
here serving my mission. It has already been flying by! Au lomani kemudou!!
Loloma, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment